Slow Crafted French Toast
You’ll fall in love with our Slow Crafted French Toast recipe. The apple and raisin pieces in our Apple Raisin Cinnamon bread make this favourite even sweeter.
What you'll need:
- 4 slices of Stonemill Apple Raisin Cinnamon bread*
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoons of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
What you'll need to do:
- Mix the cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar together.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk the cinnamon mixture with the eggs. Then, add and whisk in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour it all into a container.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture.
- Fry the slices until golden brown, flipping to cook both sides.
- Serve and add syrup as desired. If you have some extra fruit (like raspberries or blueberries) in the kitchen, feel free to throw those on top.
*For a great alternative or if you want to try a twist for the holidays, try using our Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Bread.