Richard’s Sprouted 3 Grains Egg Bakes
Wake up on the right side of the day with these Sprouted 3 Grains egg bakes. Our Sprouted 3 Grains bread helps add some fibre to your breakfast. This dish makes 6 servings so be prepared to share.
What you'll need:
- 6 slices of Stonemill Slow Crafted Sprouted 3 Grains
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 cup of diced onions
- 1 cup of thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish
What you'll need to do:
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and add onions & mushrooms.
- Season with thyme, salt & pepper and cook, stirring, until onions are soft and liquid has been released and absorbed from mushrooms, approximately 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a 6-cup muffin tray.
- With a cup that has an opening that is the same size as the bottom of the muffin cups, cut the bread into rounds, then place a bread round into the bottom of each muffin cup and divide cooked onion mixture evenly among the six compartments.
- Sprinkle 1⁄2 cup of the cheese evenly in the same way. Gently press down on cheese mixture and crack one egg into each compartment.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese on each egg and continue to bake for 3 minutes.
- Top with chopped parsley.
- Now, find the cheesiest of the bakes and dig in!