Whitney’s Ancient Spelt Berry Torte
Get a serving of fruit and satisfy your sweet tooth with this sweet recipe. The subtle sweetness of our Ancient Spelt bread really complements the vibrant fruit in this torte.
4 hours and 15 minutes
4 hours or overnight
What you'll need:
- 8 slices of Stonemill Slow Crafted Ancient Spelt Bread, crusts removed
- 12 oz. package of frozen mixed berries
- 1⁄3 cup of Cointreau or Berry Juice
- 2 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 2 cups of lemon or vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- fresh berries for garnish
What you'll need to do:
- Arrange plastic wrap in a 6-inch spring-form pan to cover bottom and sides.
- In a bowl, toss frozen berries with Cointreau and granulated sugar.
- Let it sit at room temperature for 1 hour and up to 4 hours until thawed.
- Pour berries into a colander or sieve over a large measuring cup.
- Top up liquid with water to make 1 cup (250 mL).
- Dip Ancient Spelt bread slices, one at a time, into berry liquid and arrange slices to fit into the bottom of pan, breaking pieces if necessary.
- Top with half of the berries and half of the frozen yogurt.
- Repeat layers, smoothing top with a spatula. Put into freezer until completely frozen, about 4 hours. Remove pan and plastic from torte and arrange on a cake stand. Garnish with fresh berries.
- Cut yourself a big slice and enjoy.