Mitch’s Sourdough Steak Sandwich
Spicy and savoury, this sourdough steak sandwich is a favourite. Our whole wheat sourdough rye bread carries the complex tasting notes of the sandwich with its deliciously rich flavour.
What you'll need:
- 1 loaf of Stonemill Slow Crafted Organic Whole Wheat Sourdough Rye bread
- 1⁄2 cup of cilantro
- 3⁄4 cup of basil
- 1⁄2 cup of red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- a dash of salt (preferably Himalayan pink salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- avocado oil
- 1 pound of skirt steak
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
What you'll need to do:
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- In the food processor bowl: add cilantro, 1⁄2 cup basil, red onion, garlic, 1⁄2 teaspoon of salt, red pepper flakes, and vinegar. Pulse a few times. Lightly pour in avocado oil and process until almost smooth, leaving some texture.
- Drizzle the steak with coconut oil and season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the steak on the grill and cook until lightly charred (around 3 minutes on each side).
- Place on a plate and loosely cover with foil. Toast the bread on the grill until slightly charred.
- Thinly slice the steak diagonally.
- Spread the chimichurri on the Whole Wheat Sourdough Rye bread slices.
- Place the steak, tomatoes and basil leaves in-between the bread slices.
- Slice and bite into the juicy steak sandwich you’ve been dreaming of.